Oak Parquet Flooring
Natural and Durable
Timber floors are a great way of introducing elegance and warmth into any living space. Cost is one of the main reasons why home owners in Singapore often shy away from using wood. Oak parquet flooring is an excellent alternative to solid wooden floors. It has many features which make this type of material the ideal candidate for covering your floors.
The most popular oak wood flooring are made from white oak and red oak. The wooden blocks come available either as solid wood parquet or engineered wood parquet. Parquet flooring is available in various finishes. Different staining procedures make it possible to buy floorboards which range in a variety of shades of brown and textures. The natural oak wood grain is the one feature that always shines through.
Floors are the one area of any room which takes a tremendous pounding, especially in high traffic areas. It is in this area that parquet flooring displayed its durability. These floors are extremely easy to clean.
Why install oak parquet flooring?
There are many factors which provide ample reason why a person must consider installing oak flooring.
• It adds a warmer appeal to any room or office when compared with tile or vinyl flooring.
• It is produced from natural oak wood. This makes this type of floor eco-friendly and sustainable.
• It is easy to install, even over an existing floor.
Precaution and Maintenance
Oak Parquet Flooring is an ideal flooring solution for any home. There are a few important considerations when it comes to cleaning and maintenance.
1. Cleaning agents - Great care must be taken before attempting to use any cleaning agents for deep cleaning. Many detergents and soaps may damage the surface of the flooring boards if they are not catered for parquet floors.
2. General cleaning - This is where parquet flooring comes to the forefront. Generally, day to day cleaning can be accomplished by using a vacuum cleaner or broom and a damp but not wet mop.
3. Spills - Spills should be quickly cleared by using one of the many super mops which are available today. Ensure that parquet floors is not exposed to high moisture and stagnant water.
Area Where Parquet Flooring Is Suitable
Parquet floors display a prestige feel when install in living room, dining room & bedrooms. Workplaces and commercial areas like offices, conference rooms restaurants and gyms are increasingly install with parquet flooring to create the classic and warmth surroundings. It even has the tendency to make small areas seem bigger than what they are.
Oak parquet flooring has a huge plus factor in that it wears well. With the correct treatment and maintenance procedures, an oak parquet floor will keep its lustre for many years. Making it a worthwhile investment.
A premises that has parquet floor installed is seen as a asset that can enhance its property value. If the floor is laid in popular designs like herringbone, chevron, versailles and basket weave patterns, the property's resale value is expected to surge many folds.
Parquet floor can be installed over an existing floor. It is a matter of cleaning the old floor and remove any grit. Apply the adhesive and lay down the new oak parquet floor.
To give your premises a grand and luxurious look, contact us now to order your oak hardwood parquet flooring.